Saturday, August 28, 2010

Fly on the Wall

The AV Fair! Once a year this spectacle complete with food, rides, art, animals and musicians descends upon the Antelope Valley. But this year was special, why? Because I had special access. Thanks to a good friend of mine Jim Greenleaf (CEO of http://ilivetoday.com) I was able to get a special all "AG-CESS" pass to the AV Fair. In return for this fantastic priveledge I agreed to do some photography and blog about my experience and my experience was awesome.

To start off I arrived at the fair around 6:30pm. I parked in the prefered parking lot for free (score) and passed through the fair side gate like a celebrity. My girlfriend came in as my "photography assistant" and we ran about taking some great pictures of farm animals, tractors and buildings.
As we made our way around the fair we ran into a number of friends and acquaintances. A couple of our friends were big Dierks Bentley fans who had just met him in a special meet and great time. After that we headed off to the big event of the night; The Dierks Bentley Concert! While I'm not a huge fan of country music I actually had a blast at this concert. Dierks definitely leans more towards the rock and roll side of country. Because of my AG-CESS pass I was able to get up close to take some pics at the concert. I had access to the space between the crowd and stage for 30seconds on the first two songs of the night.


Again, at the concert we ran into some more friends and met up with my girlfriend's brother and his girlfriend. After the concert we went on a search for llamas, corn-dogs and kettle corn. Our hunger for corn-dogs and kettle corn was satisfied that night, but we couldn't find any llamas. I ran about again for a few minutes taking pictures and then we headed home with music still ringing in our ears, smiles on our faces and kettle corn in our bellies!




Check out the rest of my photography from the night here: http://www.ilivetoday.com/photo/albums/av-fair-2010

1 comment: