Sunday, August 30, 2009

One a Day


I am embarking on a new adventure. In an effort to push myself to a state of continual creativity, I am am going to post a piece of writing and a photo everyday. My photo and writing will be from that day, and may or may not be related. Hope you enjoy!


Technology- by Ben Andrews

Technology, you suck.
On tuesday I buy you.
by wednesday you're obsolete.
by thursday you crash.
by friday you break.

you cost too much to repair
and even your backups expire
you're temporary and temperamental

Of course, I don't have the right cord
of course its the wrong type of file
it won't connect
it won't attach
it won't send
I can't receive
can't download
can't convert

you and me
old tech
we just aren't...
well...
compatible

but hey. its not your fault.
if you don't work its the result of human error
either the maker or the user
and you're never showered with unconditional love
we only praise you when you work
so dear technology, I will try to be patient
I will try to forgive
and to be your friend.
Cause you've been there for me.
holding my thoughts and memories.
so I'll be there for you.

technology, i love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment